The Shepton Hut, the Mineries, is centrally heated and is the closest hut to The Hunter's Lodge Inn. Rates are reasonable and we welcome visiting groups (e.g. caving, scout) to stay.
Address: The Mineries, Wells Road, Priddy, Wells, Somerset. BA5 3AU
Location: Grid reference ST 544 505
Directions: from the A39 going north out of Wells take the Priddy Road (left turn westwards) towards Priddy. Pass the Hunters’ Lodge Inn crossroads. A few hundred yards further on is a garage on the right followed by a row of houses. At the end of the row is a telegraph pole with a piece of reflective tape on it. Turn right here up a track and head into the car park.
Please would all guests sign in on the booking-in sheet.Access to the hut is now with electronic key fob, just offer the fob up to the pad next to the front door, please pull slightly before pushing door open, please make sure door is shut and secure on leaving the hut.
· Main bunk room (25 guest places available)
· Family and 'Old Library bunk rooms
· Library (member use only)
· Kitchen with with x2 four hob gas burners, cooker, microwave, toaster, hot water urn.
· Lounge with dining area plus wood/coal burning stove
· Gents and ladies changing rooms with showers
· Drying room
· Garden (can be used for camping)
· Tacklestore (member use only)
· Lamp charging (NiFe, Lead Acid, FX types, plus timing plugs)
· Please note that smoking is not allowed inside the hut
The central heating system is oil fired and is controlled by an automatic timer located in the boiler room. The settings are NOT to be adjusted. If necessary “boost” can be used to give 1 hour of hot water, and “advance” can be used to immediately start the central heating of the next “on” period. The central heating/water settings are as below:
Heating/hot water on 7 days a week. Very limited “on” time Monday to Thursday just to make sure the pipes don’t freeze and midweek trips can get a shower in the evening. At weekends, heating/hot water “on” times Friday evening, Saturday am & evening, Sunday am. Heating to the lounge can also be provided via the wood/ coal burning stove. Wood is stored out in the garden for members and guests to use.
Pubs: Hunters’ Lodge Inn (crossroads) and Queen Victoria Inn (Priddy)
Mendip Heights campsite shop (in season only) through Priddy village.
Priddy Good Farm Shop just past the campsite – Good breakfast and essential food supplies.
Food/supplies: 4x4 Garage (very limited).
· Members, £3.00 per night
· Jnr Members & Members children (14 and under), free
· Non Members bed nights, £5.00 per night
· Non Members children (14 and under), £3.00 per night
Day Rate, £1.00
SMCC has reciprocal agreements with Bradford PC, Devon SS, Hillingdon MC, Orpheus CC Plymouth Uni A&E and Westminster SG, and members of these clubs are entitled pay members rates.
Please respect the local residents in terms of late night noise and car parking.
When Leaving please remember to:
· Leave the kitchen in a state that you would wish to find it and do all washing up.
· Wipe down all worksurfaces, gas hobs, cooker, tables etc that have been used.
· Cleaning materials are in the plastic bin under the unit by the sink.
· Remove all perishable foodstuffs from the hut and put rubbish in the blue wheelie bin located in the parking area.
· Turn off gas supply.
· Empty the wood/coal burning stove grate of ash (if used).
· Close all windows and fire escapes.
· Sweep the floors if necessary (brooms, mop etc in boiler room).
· Pay your hut fees.
· Return any cave keys.
· Make sure the front and side doors are shut and secure upon leaving.
Please take your tins, cans and glass away with you, there is no longer a recycling site in Priddy
SMCC Hut is non-smoking throughout
The club does not accept liability for loss of personal property while staying at the hut.
Electronic charging devices used in the hut need to be less than 5 years oldReturn of the front door key is to be arranged with the hut warden.
Hope you enjoy your stay.